The Davis County Health Department has the Seasonal Flu Vaccine.
The single best way to protect against the flu is to get a flu vaccine every year. An annual flu vaccine can reduce illnesses in the community, decrease the time missed at work and school, and prevent flu-related hospitalizations and deaths. Flu vaccine is available now and the DCHD encourages people not to wait to protect themselves and their family by getting vaccinated as soon as possible.
The seasonal flu vaccine is recommended for:
- People 6 months of age and older
- Pregnant women
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions (heart disease; kidney disease; lung diseases like asthma; metabolic diseases like diabetes; blood disorders like anemia; a weakened immune system caused, for example, by cancer or cancer treatment, HIV/AIDS, or steroid therapy; or certain conditions such as neuromuscular disorders that can cause breathing problems)
- People who live in nursing homes and other long term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from the flu, including:
- Health care workers
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
- Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
Click here to see a list of currently accepted insurances. There is no out-of-pocket cost to receive the flu vaccine for anyone who has health insurance listed above. Uninsured 18 years and under may be eligible for VFC vaccine. For those without health insurance older than 18 years old, see the attached Vaccine Fee Schedule.
Flu vaccines offered in our Clearfield & Bountiful Clinics:
• High dose Fluzone 65 years & older
• Flublok 18 years & older (egg allergy)
• Flumist 2 years to 49 years
• Fluzone 3 years to 64 years
• Fluzone pediatric 6 mo to 3 years
New Clinic Hours Starting January 2, 2019!
Monday & Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Wednesday 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Bountiful/Woods Cross Clinic
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm