Some Tips to Expedite Service of Process
- Provide an address for the return service.
- Provide a daytime telephone number where you can be reached regarding the service of your process.
- Provide the defendant's full name, alias, or any fictitious business names.
- Provide the defendant's home address and telephone number.
- Provide the defendant's business address and telephone number.
- Identify the best times to contact the defendant at the address provided. Normal service hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Provide a full physical description of the defendant and his/her vehicle.
- If a business is being served, verify business license information with the appropriate licensing agency. In order to properly serve the process and eventually enforce your judgment, the defendant's business entity must be named in your case exactly as it is licensed or incorporated for business. Specify the business agent. Specify an individual whenever possible.
- Provide two extra copies of the summons and complaint, or other type of civil paper.
You will be notified by mail when your process has been served. Please do not call the Sheriff's Office unless it is less than 5 days prior to the hearing/court date, and you have not received the Return of Service.