Library Services Updates
Beginning June 1st, 2021:
Given that the state mask mandate has ended, the recent commission email announcing a general return to work spaces with no restrictions, and the response to COVID-19 at the national, state, and Davis County levels has moved toward a personal responsibility
model, the Davis County Library will begin offering all regular services with the following exceptions:
- Masks are encouraged, as appropriate.
- Physical distancing is encouraged, as appropriate.
- Conference & study rooms will be made available to the public; members of the public wishing to physically distance while using these spaces are still encouraged to do so, understanding that these rooms have limited space available.
- Large meeting rooms will be made available for public use beginning July 1, 2021.
- On June 1, in the interest of fairness, staff will begin contacting patrons whose meetings were cancelled during the pandemic. They will be contacted in order, beginning with those previously scheduled for March 2020 until all patrons
whose appointments were cancelled have been given the opportunity to reschedule the meeting room.
- Beginning June 20, 2021, all patrons may begin scheduling use of the large meeting rooms at all locations based on the Library’s established and approved meeting room policies and practices.
- Patrons will be given a copy of the current guidelines for social distancing and large gatherings based on current recommendations from the state and/or Davis County.
- Library-sponsored programming will be offered to the public in library facilities as appropriate, if the use of personal protective equipment or practices by staff does not create undue difficulty.
- In-person Storytimes will begin again July 1, 2021.
- All branches will begin at least one storytime starting July 1.
- All remaining storytimes will begin again before September 1, 2021.
- Play & Learn will be reintroduced when increased disinfection of commonly used surfaces is discontinued.
- Curbside Pickup: Hold pickup and children’s picture book grab bags are still available to all patrons.