• 61 S. Main St. Farmington, UT 84025
  • (801) 451-3213
  • M-F 8am to 5pm

Schedule an Appointment

Click Here 


(801) 451-3218

License Fees

$55.00 - for license (includes 2 certified copies)
$5.00 - for each additional certified copy
$2.00 - for basic photocopy

Divorce Records or Questions

Please contact the Courts at 801-447-3800 ext. 1

Would you like someone special to perform your ceremony?

The County Clerk can designate, and authorize, an individual of your choosing to be your officiator.  This designation is specific for your ceremony. There is no cost for this service. For more details, ask our staff about a single ceremony designee. 

Who is Authorized to Perform Ceremonies?

Marriages may be solemnized by the following persons only: ministers, rabbis, or priests of any religious denomination who are in regular communion with any religious society and 18 years of age or older; native american spiritual advisers; the Governor; the Lieutenant Governor; mayors of municipalities or county executives (including county commissioners); a justice, judge, or commissioner of a court of record; a judge of a court not of record of the State; judges or magistrates of the United States; the county clerk of any county in the State or the clerk's designee; the President of the Senate; the Speaker of the House of Representatives; or a judge or magistrate who holds office in Utah when retired, under rules set by the Supreme Court (Utah Code 30-1-6)

Application Requirements

  • Both applicants must be present to apply
  • Must be at least 18 years of age
  • Must present valid picture ID
Information Required
  • Full names, including names at birth if different than current name
  • Social Security numbers
  • Permanent addresses
  • Date and place of birth (Town/City, County, State or Country)
  • Complete names of parents, including the maiden name of the mother
  • Birthplaces of parents (State or Country)
  • If this is a 2nd, 3rd, etc. marriage due to divorce, on the application you must provide a date that the divorce from a previous marriage was final. If the divorce was finalized within the last 6 months, you must bring court documents showing the divorce is final.

Minors ages 16-17
Must appear accompanied by parents or legal guardians. In the case of divorced parents, the parent must provide proof of guardianship (court papers) that will be attached to the application. A Petition for Authorization to Marry and Court Order form must be obtained from the Clerk's office and taken to a juvenile court judge.

Search and Request Marriage Records