Food Handler Permits
Individuals that work in facilities that prepare or serve food are required to obtain a Utah Food Handler Permit. Permits are obtained after successfully completing an in-person or on-line state approved training course.
In addition to the in-person food handler course, computers are available at our office for online training use if you do not have Internet or computer access.
- The Davis County Health Department charges a $2 fee to access the computer.
- The individual is responsible to pay the fee to the Health Department and then pay the on-line training fee with a credit/debit card to the on-line vendor.
- A Davis County resident can get their official food handler permit immediately after successful completion of the on-line course.
- After successfully completing the on-line course, non-Davis County residents will obtain a "Certificate of Completion" from the on-line vendor. This certificate is used in the place of the actual Food Handler Permit for a period of up to 30 days. During that period, the official permit will be processed and issued by the local health jurisdiction where the individual lives.
The Davis County Health Department offers classroom-based food handler permit courses at our office in Clearfield, Utah.
- The course is taught in English on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. or on Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. A class taught in Spanish is on Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Classes will not be taught on legal holidays.
- The training course and permit fee is $25. A picture ID is required to take the course.
- The courses fill up quickly, so please call 801-525-5120 to reserve a seat.
- Cash, check, or major credit/debit cards are accepted.
A duplicate for a lost Food Handler Permit is $10.
Other in-person and on-line vendors have been approved by the State Department of Health to provide food handler training. For a list of approved training course vendors, click here.
If you have any additional questions, please call 801-525-5120.