I want to start a Body Art Facility, what do I need to do?
- An application must be filled out which can be found on our website Body Art Facility Application .
- The permit fee of $100.00 must be paid.
- Plans of the facility must be submitted to the Department as detailed in Section 5.3.1 of the Davis County Board of Health Body Art Regulation.
- A pre-opening inspection must be completed prior to opening the facility.
- Proof of current Blood Borne Pathogen, First Aid, and CPR training must be provided.
What procedures are prohibited in a Body Art Facility?
Scarification, branding, the use of a biopsy punch, suspension piercing, implantation of objects under the skin, any practice that is considered medical procedures by a state medical board which include using a knife, razor, or scalpel, and any form of unregulated invasive or extreme body modification which may emerge in the future.
For a list of permitted Body Art Facilities in Davis County click HERE