Food Service Establishments

Permanent Food Service Facility Permit

Individuals or corporations wanting to take over the operations of an existing food service facility must complete a Food Service Health Permit Application and pay the appropriate permit fees. A pre-opening inspection must be scheduled and conducted. Approval from a representative of this office must be given prior to beginning any food service operations.

Individuals or corporations wanting to build a new facility or remodel/renovate an existing food service facility, must fill out a Food Service Health Plan Review Application, submit a set of plans for review and pay a plan review fee prior to any construction. The Food Service Plan Requirements should be reviewed prior to designing the plans. A pre-opening inspection must be scheduled and conducted, the annual permit fees must be paid, and approval from a representative of this office must be obtained prior to beginning any food service operations.

All permit and plan review fees are based on a risk assessment to be completed by office personnel upon receipt of the application.

Mobile Food Establishments

Mobile food units include trucks, vans, trailers, push carts or anything else similar. Individuals wanting to operate a mobile food unit must submit a set of plans for review along with the completed Mobile Food Establishment Permit Application and the appropriate fees. Fees are based on a Risk Assessment that must be conducted by our office personnel upon receipt of the Permit Application. A pre-opening inspection must also be conducted prior to beginning food service operations. This inspection can be completed either here at our office or at a location for operation.

Mobile food units cannot be parked at a specific location and left overnight. Mobile food units must have an approved Commercial Commissary from which to operate. Complete the Commissary Agreement and submit with the permit application. Each mobile food unit must return to the commissary daily for clean up and for food preparation. Food preparation CANNOT be done in a private residence.

Mobile food units that will remain in any one location for 60 minutes or more must have a Restroom Agreement for that location. The restroom must be within 500 feet of the food service operation. The restroom must be available for food service personnel, but does not have to be available for customers.

Flavored Ice Facility

Permits are required for flavored ice facilities. Each building must contain a three-compartment sink and a hand sink with hot and cold running water. There must be a fresh water tank for washing and a tank for wastewater. Wastewater CANNOT be dumped on the ground or into a storm drain. 

Home Food Catering & Preparation

Utah food rules state "Food prepared in a private home may not be used or offered for human consumption in a food establishment." Therefore, catering or food processing in a private kitchen will not be permitted.

Contact Information

Physical Address
22 South State Street
2nd Floor
Clearfield, Utah 84015

Mailing Address
Davis County Health Department
Environmental Health Services Division
P.O. Box 618
Farmington, Utah 84025

Phone Numbers
(801) 525-5100 :: Main
(801) 525-5119 :: Fax

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except legal holidays)

Healthy Choices | Healthy People | Healthy Communities

Copyright © 2015 Davis County Government