IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective Monday, March 30, 2020, in an effort to maintain critical government services and to protect the health of the public and our employees, surveyor services will be provided by phone, email/online or appointments only. Please call 801-451-3290 for assistance. 

Surveyor FAQ

What is the relationship between old fence lines and recorded deed lines if they are different?
Can private property be surveyed by the County Surveyor?
Who can perform a land survey?
Can an engineer do a survey?
Can a contractor do land survey work?
How do I locate a surveyor?
Does state law require a survey when property is sold?
Should I employ a surveyor on the basis of price?
Can I determine in advance what the charge will be?
Should I employee a surveyor to subdivide my land?
Can the surveyor layout streets, water lines, and sewer systems for my subdivision?
Can a surveyor provide proof of ownership?
What information should I give the surveyor?
Where can I get a copy of the legal description of my property?
What will the surveyor furnish me?
Is my survey on record?
How long does the surveyor have to file a survey with Davis County?
How do I obtain an elevation certificate?
What is the original boundary of Davis County?

Expand all

Collapse all

Contact Information

Physical Address
Davis County Admin Building
61 South Main Street (Room 107)
Farmington, Utah 84025

Mailing Address
Davis County Surveyor
P.O. Box 618
Farmington, Utah 84025

Phone Numbers
(801) 451-3290 :: Main
(801) 451-3233 :: Fax

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except county holidays)

Copyright © 2015 Davis County Government